Friday, February 29, 2008

Blood is Thicker Than Water

I think the idiom speaks for itself. Who is more important in comparison with your own flesh and blood? NO ONE! If anything happens to anyone of my family, I'll be the first one there. I'll put down everything and head straight to my family member in need. Even if it will cost me my job or even a promotion, I'll sacrifice it because when they need me, i will be there no question asked. No one can question me what i do for my family. But to what extend?

I know this will contradict myself, but i just have something to share. When one of your family member had a fight with one of your best friend, whose side are you on? Naturally, you will be on your family's side. Hey, because Blood is Thicker Than Water right? That is the most natural thing people will do and i don't doubt that. Because if it is me in that situation, I'll definitely will stand on my family side, initially.

Why? Because they are family, it's cliche, i know! But hey family is family. No one can be rude to anyone of my family! But i will definitely talk to my best friend and clarify the situation. Then only i will talk to family member on their side of the story. Well, i don't expect anyone to lie on this matter because family don't lie to each other and definitely you don't want your best friend to lie to you either. If my family member is in the wrong, i will definitely say it clearly that they are wrong because it is wrong to get angry with someone furthermore in a fight without knowing the truth. If it is my best friend's fault, i will also tell him/her off because he/she is my best friend. Why be friends if we are not truthful to each other? But honestly, my family member will get more scolding from me than my friend.

My sister told me that one of her friend said something bad about me. It really pisses her off and she stood up for me and got into an argument. Love you sis, for standing up for me. If anyone talks shit about anyone of my family, i will get pissed too! I'm sure everyone would feel that way, even whatever mistakes they have done previously will be totally forgotten.

Yes, we do argue and bicker a lot. Which sibling doesn't? We may shout at each other but deep down inside, we have already forgiven and we will totally forgot about it the next day. We don't keep grudge towards family member. I may be fighting with my sibling tonight and total pals the next morning. That is the magic of being in a family. You totally forgive and forget. BUT, what if it is because of a family member that caused the feud? Will you easily forgive and forget?

I have been through this situation where my best friend wrongly accused me of something and without knowing the truth. My friend (let's called that person as 'A') got angry with me and we got into a fight, because A is only hearing it from the family member's side. Yes, you will believe them, definitely right? But don't get angry with another person without asking and jump into a conclusion with no facts. I won't go into detail what we were fighting about because it doesn't matter what happens, because i am emphasizing on handling the situation than dwelling with actually what happen.

When someone accused you for something, what would you usually do? You avoid that particular person right? Well, that's what i did. Firstly, i was very hurt because A is my close family friend. To be accused by someone that you think knows you best it's even more hurtful. Secondly, A is the one that i thought understands me the most because we have been friends for more than 8 years. Lastly, To end a friendship this way is not worth it because we have been friends for so long. What do i tell my parents? We are no more friends? What if A's parents bump into my parents? that would be awkward.

Thankfully, A realised the mistakes and tried to mend things for us again. Truthfully, i can forgive for everything that A says or did to me mentally and emotionally. But i don't think i can ever forget this incident entirely although we have promise to each other that we will put everything behind us.I will definitely try, but i know there is like a barrier now. I'm always thinking whether i do this or that is appropriate or what i say how is A going to imply. I may say one thing and A will misinterpret it as something else. I become more paranoid and develop a inferior complex towards anything i say or do. Definitely not a normal friendship anymore.

What i am trying to say is, how can we approach this situation without getting into an argument and further say things to each other that hurts even more. No one can handle the truth, that's why we need true friend to say things that normal acquaintance would not say it. We need that, someone to put our feet back to the ground when we need it, someone to pull us back into reality, someone to hit you in the face when they know you are being a bitch!

I'm glad that we had worked things out finally. Hopefully with this, we will understand each other more.This is not the first time we quarrelled, but it pulls us even closer. I'm happy that we got to know each other and learn from each other and accept each others mistakes. I'm really trying really hard to put everything behind me. Hopefully, one day i will totally forget about it. As i really miss the old times i had with A. Just pray that we will be back to the way we used to be!

0 ComplaintS: