Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weird People!

These few weeks i have encountered a few funny scenarios, OK i won't say funny, perhaps weird. Yea, that's the word, WEIRD! Which at one point irritates me and makes me think and i don't really understand their intentions.

One morning, i got out of the house getting ready to go to work, started my car engine and this lady that is staying around my neighborhood greeted me. Well, she thought i was my mother you see. When she came nearer than she realize it wasn't my mother. She was like, 'Oh, i thought it was your mother' (Yea, most people got mix up between me and my mom. So i got kind of used to the confusion). 'You are a bit fatter than you mom' she said. I was like 'huh??!! first time you talking to me and you are calling me fat??!!! Wah, really unexpected lo. I was caught and flabergasted (i was thinking, don't need to remind me that i am fat lor, i know i am fat la. Tell me something that i don't know at least)

Anyway, she continued talking to me although she can see i started the car engine and opening my house gate and getting ready to jump into the car. She continued talking to me as if i am another auntie, taking my own time putting up the clothes and hanging out at the lawn and gossiping with the other auntie neighbors. She ask 'How come i never seen your mother? Your mother never comes out one is it? Reluctantly i answered her, My mom is sleeping and yea she seldom comes out of the house. She likes to stay in.

Then she continued
Lady: Oh, I am just staying around the corner here. Just moved in into the Jugjit's House. Just there only (pointing her fingers to the direction of her house)
Me: I see, I don't know them (Gave her a smile)
Lady: Ah??? You don't know the Jugjit ah? Stay there one (Pointing her finger again)
Me: (Force myself to look at the direction of her finger) Nope, don't know them.
Lady: Ahh??? You don't know your neighbors? You don't come out and mix around with your neighbors? It's good to come out and mix around and get to know your neighbors.
Me: (Gave her a forced grin) I work till late at night, so i don't have the time to come out and talk to other neighbors. OK, i need to go to work now. Bye!

This auntie is trying to teach me how to lead my life la. Which i find it annoying lor. !st of all after greeting me for the first time, she called me fat. Nevermind, i still layan her. Then comment on my mom not hanging out with the neighbors, which i feel is so unnecessary. After that, telling me that i should mix around with the neighbors.

Wah, my conclusion is, i am not a full-time housewife and i have no obligation to 'mix around' with the other neighbors and building any fellowship with them. Imagining me standing around with the group of aunties talking about their husbands and kids or even grandkids. Me talk about what? Little Joey(baby that my mom babysits) ah?

Sigh, just leave me alone and leave my life alone. Don't tell me what i should or should not do!

Another incident was over lunch with my colleagues. 4 of us went out for lunch, i mean naturally after makan we will have a short chat la. One of my colleague don't speak mandarin, so i find it kind of rude to be speaking in mandarin when someone doesn't understand it is sitting at the same table.

The other 2 of my colleagues was talking in mandarin about something. I mean naturally i will be listening to their conversation right. After one of them have finished talking, i didn't heard the last part of the conversation. So, naturally i asked, what did you say? I didn't get to hear the last part. My colleague looked at me and blink a few times and finally say 'Nothing!'

I was like..idiot! If it is something you don't want me to listen to, then why talk openly on an open table where anyone sitting around you can listen to your conversation. If it is a fucking secret, then move to another table and talk. It is already disrespectful to be speaking another language that one person sitting at the table does not understand. And when someone understands the language asking, you answered nothing!!!

I really don't like people like this. Made me feel like a dumbass lor!!! I just don't understand the whole situation. I don't know what her intentions are. Talking about something openly, but when someone ask you don't want to elaborate further. Make me feel like i am the busybody one lor.

Can anyone explain to me what's going on ah? I am so confused now lor? Shocked! Dumbfounded! Flabbergasted! Annoyed! Irritated! Angry! Agitated! I really don't know what i am feeling right now.

0 ComplaintS: