Saturday, October 18, 2008

First Step For A Change!

Went for a Walk-in Interview today at CIMB Bukit Tinggi today. It is for the Relationship Manager position, just trying my luck and i did not really prepare for that interview. I just want to get to know what that role could offer me.

A few months back i did get a call from a headhunter from People first Consulting firm, it is quite an established organization. I felt quite secure and convincing that it is not some sort of fraud. My brother did told me that some just want your details to keep update their database. I was given the opportunity to work at Singapore. I jumped at that opportunity but i was lacked with a paper qualification, bummer!

But that is how my job-seeking urges started. A call from this agent has jump-started my desire to look for something new, something better, something that will give me progression work wise and also knowledge too. I understand that it is not easy to find something exactly that i am doing right now. But there are always job that are some-what related to what i am doing now. I am leaving my options open not only to the Banking Industry (although it would be great to be still in this line) but I'm prepared to venture into International Trade or even Logistics.

It would be great that with my trade banking experience can allow me to further explore into banking sector like Investment Banking or Wealth Banking or Consumer Banking...Why not? Higher pay and doing something new and learn new things.

I also realize that when you don't want the job, the interview just went like a breeze. I really don't have pressure during that interview. It was like having a conversation with a new friend, i did not feel like i need to impress the interviewer, i was just being myself. I have never been so calm in an interview. I remember when i initially was looking for a job after graduating. I can feel the pressure and stress in each and every interview. You want to make sure you say the right thing, sit properly, good posture, make sure you don't unintentionally send out the wrong body language. Every movement will be judged.

My purpose was to get a copy of my updated CV to them. I also clearly told them that if they think i am not suitable for this role and if they have anything that is relevant to my current working background, feel free to give me a call. I don't mind a higher paying job and doing exactly what i am doing right now :)

0 ComplaintS: