Friday, October 3, 2008

Wedding Woes!

Not my wedding la, I'm not even close to getting married either. If anyone thought i am the one that is having wedding woes, oh-i am so flattered :)

I just don't like being dragged to a wedding dinner that i do not wish to attend. All because it is like an obligation to the family. This Uncle of mine (elder brother to my father) third son(i'll name him nosey) is finally getting married at the age of 38. He is well known in our family for having his nose up on his head.

Well i am going to be very petty here, because i kept all these little things in me for far too long. some even goes back to my childhood days. Yea, i know..i am an elephant. Why did i say i am an elephant? Not literally that i am big, because there is this saying that an elephant never forgets, Haha, lame, i know.

I remember there's this one year my Aunt from Philippines came down for Chinese New Year. She wants to visit all her siblings as usual, who doesn't want when you come from so far for a limited of time for a visit right? This nosey, actually came up to us and said, why are you all still lingering here, do you know that the 2nd day of Chinese New Year we will all go back to my mom's side of family. Now you are here disturbing us. He have this audacity to come up to his close relatives, furthermore your father's own blood and flesh and say such things. All i remember was, we made some stupid excuse and left the place.

Another incident was he was talking to my father, you know he only talks to people that only speaks 'English'? Well, sop that's why i can say the only Uncle that he could give 'not full respect' but just a 'teeny bit of little respect' is my father. Well, we have half Mat Salleh blood ma since you guys don't know. Back to my story, so this nosey was complaining that we have mistreated his mother. So, that is the reason why he didn't want to be close to the cousins and aunties or uncles from his father side of the family.

Well, my father was quite agitated. Because a young guy like him have so much hatred in him that it affects the relationship among family. My father told him that you are only listening to one side of the story, you don't know the whole truth. Anyway it has happen 30 or 40 years ago and you weren't even born. Why want to remember things that has literally no impact on you? He said he loves his mom and he will believe everything she say. My dad replies, Yes, we love our moms, and it is not wrong to listen to what she have to say. But you weren't there when it happen? Why the hatred has to be brought down to your generation? That happens between your mom and her 'In-Laws'.

As you know my hard headed cousin (even embarrass to call him my cousin, i'll stick to nosey), right nosey argued with my father saying that he is wrong and his mom were right. My father got angry and said..you want the truth? I will tell you the truth, did you know that your mom attacked me with a hot cooking spade? You want prove? Saw this deep scar on my thigh, because your mom sliced it using the cooking spade. After that incident, he never talk to us again.

This time, his wedding day. He dare not call and ask my dad for a favour, instead he ask his father to do his dirty work. Nosey requested my dad to get a mercedez car for him to 'fetch his bride'. Not just any mercedez, he doesn't want a block one, preferable a white one. Wah, so many conditions, you might as well give me which car model you want. If want to be this specific, go rent one. He boast about going traveling all around the world already. His boss is so good to him. Go la borrow his mercedez, or he doesn't have one to borrow you?

Sigh..the only thing i am excited about is i am meeting up with all my other cousins and we plan to go out after that wedding. Karaoke perhaps?

1 ComplaintS:

julieann said...

i suggest dun borrow the car to him... since he so BIG NOSE.. ask him to BUY 1 or like u said... go rent lar... hate these kinda ppl man!!!