Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Live and Loud Concert!!!

Most of my close friends knows my love for Jazz!!! I don't know since when i feel in love with Jazz music, that i got really obsess with it. I start searching anything Jazz. Jazz club, Jazz Pubs, Jazz Restaurant, Jazz Concert or Showcase, well..and Jazz music of course. I know Canna, you will go nuts if i say anything about Jazz again..so..this is the last time i'm going to haunt you with this..Jazz-ee, Jazz-er, Jazz-a Jazz, Jazzy, Jazzercise..HA!

Tourism Malaysia had organize an event called the Live and Loud in KL..yes..i know it's everywhere. The newspapers, the Radio, even television, I'm frustrated that i can't attend any, the media keep reminding me again and again that my life sucks! I can't attend The Best of 80's because it's over already. I can't attend the Best of R&B either because it is tonight!!! They have James Ingram..ohh i love his songs..oldies, evergreen... What about KC and JOJO, remember the song "All my Life"?? If you listen to Mix.fm, you will definitely know Kool and the Gang. Damn it..i miss all that!!! I'm sure if the will ever come down to Malaysia ever again!!!

Friday is my day, The JAZZ night at Zouk KL, hey..it's only RM 80.00 inclusive of 1 drink. I would die for this, but work comes first and it is too late for me to take leave on that day. By the time i finish work and drive my way there, it will be nearly over! But i am also afraid that it would be a disappointment like the Jazz Festival in Mont Kiara. The music they play is not really Jazz, there's no saxophone or piano trumpet...it is more like a pop rock kind of concert. I was hoping to see Sheila Majid, at least she sings good Jazz, but they are allowed to change schedule at the last minute. But what the heck, there's nothing to complain about because it is free. Sigh!! But why did the organizers held those event on a weekday??!!???!?!

Visit http://www.lnlkl.com/ for more info

I was also really looking forward for the TURN ON THE POP concert. I really intend to go..i mean truly, seriously had made plans for it. But bad luck is always on my side. I don't know why, my plans just all can't come through!!!! Even concert that i can attend for free i can't manage to attend, what more about concert that i have to pay for? 1st Dec 2007, of all days my department wish to have their 2nd Half Birthday Bash Celebration + Reward and Recognition Day! In the morning i have to go to office to run some testing. What a day!

I am in the committee for my department, which we name ourselves HACKERS! I told my colleague that i can help organize the event but i won't be able to attend it. Initially, they are ok with it. So i help set up a Buffet line, liaise with Bukit Jalil Golf Club, Book the Karaoke Lounge, Rent the Karaoke Equipments. Went for a food tasting, and lastly present to everybody that all will go smoothly..then come the BIG BANG!

The president break it to me..FYI, she is pregnant, i mean very pregnant..as you know pregnant lady is known for their mood swings. She look at me in the eye and said "Melissa, you are the one that organize this whole event, you are also the committee member and i expect to be there and there will be no excuse for you not too attend"..i told her timidly "But i have a concert to attend, a real big event" Ohh..you should see the eyes bulging and her nose flaring with smoke. "If you don't attend this event i will cancel everything and blame it all on you, and if you say you will attend but didn't turn up, don't blame me for sabotaging your car. I know where you park you know!"

Sigh!!! an official blackmail by my president! How can i refuse? How to turn it down? So, i gave in. I sacrifice my TURN ON THE POP concert for a routine event that happen every half a year. I tell you, i have to sacrifice hearing Whitney Houston pulling her high notes, sacrificing hearing Shaggy say in person that "It Wasn't Me" and the person that i wanted to see the most is Mr. Elliot Yamin. My Idol, My everything! I will never hear him say " I Will Wait for You" Damn it! Damn it!! I can't even go and see my self-proclaimed hubby sing!!

OFFICIALLY, MY LIFE SUCKS!!

4 ComplaintS:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...hmmm..wahahahaha
..BUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
Well..very true..very very true!! LIFE SUCKS!!!

Well..hear ur hubby sings on MP3 la. kekekekeke :P

So when Hard Rock??No Jazz ya. Rock ya!! hehe..

Melissa Tan said...

To hear my hubby sings on MP3, means that i have to get a MP3 Player. And i am totally broke.

Hard Rock ah?? Not Jogoya first ah?

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah hor... Jogoya first then!! better oso. can eat and eat and eat!! *drooling* slurp slurp :)

Anonymous said...

coxstate incredibly himanshu gvkus bingham franz hero observance retrieval switch intellectual
lolikneri havaqatsu