Saturday, January 26, 2008

New Movies To Look Out for in 2008

It's been a while since i last watch a movie with my cousin Nicole, i remember the last time was Mr.Magorium's Wonder Emporium. There was a time where me and my cousin will meet up on a Friday to catch a movie after work. She'll wait for me until i finish work, go picky her up and catch any movie.

There's once where we watch every movie that we have no other movie to watch but those foreign movies. We end up watching, Korean , Japanese and Thais horror and thriller movies. Some can be quite interesting too.

We watch Sweeny Todd : The Demon Barber from Fleet Street. Not recommended for children viewing, anayway it is rated as 18PL. I did quite enjoy the movie, i like musical actually. It is quite a typical Tim Burton's production, always peculiar, weird (in a good way) and very very dark, not much of a colour. I really like Helena Bonham Carter, she is really very entertaining, her sharp, high pitched voice, her lines are very difficult to sing. I love her character Mrs.Lovett. I like the song she sings, one is about 'The worst pie in London' and 'Poor thing'. I guess i am the only one laughing in the cinema. Oh, how can i forget? A special appearance by Sascha Baron Cohen, remember him? He is the one that made the character Ali G and Borat famous. He is a weird and funny guy.

My friends commented that nobody can believe if i say the movie is nice and funny, because i find everything funny. I'm very ticklish, i find it quite true, Haha! But i really like this musical movie by Tim Burton, with his wife as one of his cast Helene Bonham Carter, it's always entertaining. She was also the voice of 'Corpse Bride' again collaborating with Johnny Depp, which is also a production of Tim Burton, they really are a good weird coupling Ha!

Other movies that i am really anticipating for this year is definitely P.S I Love You written by Cecelia Ahern. I have read the book 2 years ago and i cry my heart out with every page turned. It is really a heart warming story, making you feel life is full of hope. Life goes on even when you have to go through shits along the journey, you know you will get to your destination, if you put your heart and soul to it. The book makes me believe in Love again, and that there's true love out there waiting for you. So, i really can't wait to see the movie.

It's a love comedy and I'm sure it's going to be great. Having Hillary Swank as the lead and Gerard Butler as her Husband in that film, remember the guy from 300? Yeah, he's the one. Great to be looking at more abs in this movie. Not to forget Lisa Kudrow, she is funny :) Click here for the trailer.

How can we forget about Narnia? Titled The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, which is the 2nd sequel of the book. It's like a fantasy world only kids can enter, sort of like the Harry Porter sequel everyone is crazy about. Read some reviews saying it is a much grungier, a much darker and more savage than the First Chronicles of Narnia. Coming soon in May in the Sates, not sure when in Malaysia. Enjoy the trailer here.

Who would have thought, Jet Li and Jackie Chan collaborating in a movie. Two with distinctively different in the Arts of Kung Fu. One of Shaolin Kung Fu where they are always serious and tough and the other with Street Smart Kung Fu style and is always funny with a touch of comedic moves.



It is sort of a English version of the Chinese Legend 'Journey to the West' but with a white prodigy. Very funny indeed and the trailer looks good. Can't wait for this either, 2 Masters of Martial Arts making a movie together :) The Forbidden Kingdom is a must watch for me.

I'm predicting the next movie 'The Dark Knight' another Batman sequel is going to be a Blockbuster hit. It's because the late Heath Ledger plays the character of The Joker, recent reviews said that his portrayal of The Joker has out-do Jack Nicholson. It is really sad to see Heath leave us at such a young age and at the peak of his career. Heath has portayed a darker and more psychotic side of 'The Joker' and i've seen the trailer, it's really scary seeing his character. Can't wait for it's premier.

More sequels to come, and this i won't miss because i've seen the other sequels far too many time. it is none other than Indiana Jones. I love Harrisson Ford in his younger day, now after so many years, getting old already la, the latest sequel titled Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull staring withhis new sidekick who i am very anticipated to see again after a great performance he did in the Transformer, cutie Shia LeBeouf.

I hope it is going to be a good installment as i love his other installments namely Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom, i really love that. I definitely feel it won't be a let down as Steven Spielberg is the Director of the film :) Look out for it.

Another sequel to Harry Potter, definitely we will be expecting it this year. The cast are not getting any younger, they have to rush into production before the cast get too old to play their parts. Everyone loves Harry Potter, so am i. The magic and mystery and witchcraft, full of imagination and fantasy that is definitely out of this world. Can't wait for Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince!

More Sex this year anyone? I guess this is the most talked about movie coming in 2008. I read in one of the gossip magazines that they have to film a few endings to mislead the paparazzi, it's definitely a top top secret. It's definitely going to be about Carrie Bradshaw finally getting married to her first Love, which is Mr. Big, that's what they called him. Samantha jones the sex kitten that fights cancer and dating a young hot model in that movie. Love to see Charlotte York embrace her new found religion as she married a Jew who is unfortunately not good in bed, can't wait to see what happen next. Of course, Miranda Hobes, the ever so uptight lawyer that juggles between her baby and house husband :) Ohh...i just can't wait for the Sex and The City Movie.

The list is never ending, there's so much more movies, great movies waiting in line. I just can't wait for all of it. 27 Dresses, Prequel to X-Men-Wolverine, Harold and Kumar-about a chinese boy and an Indian boy out for an adventure in the States and always ends up in deep trouble. A very very funny movie. An animated series staring the voice of Jim Carrey and Steve Carell, Dr. Seuss Horton Hears A Who will definitely be the next 3D animation that i looking out for and it will make you laugh your ass off (The Trailer).

3 ComplaintS:

Anonymous said...

hmmm..u alone laughing in the cinema?? hmmm..ahahahahaha..buahahahahaha..WAHAHAHAHA :D

That's u my dear friend. ur so farnee.. anyways..I'm sure I will enjoy the Sweedney Todd too cos I like musical..And I enjoy Tim Burton's movies too. So..I guess I'll have to watch it.

Wahhh!! so many movies coming up eh? We must go watch together gether ok? P.S. I Love You is a must watch. So many movies I wanna watch. Romantic and farnee is a good choice. Hehe.. I really need a good laugh too.

So when? *teehee..

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA...i don't know why but i always laugh when everyone is quiet but when everyone is laughing, i don't find it funny. I think there's something definitely wrong with me. :P

Sweeny Todd is really nice, halfway through the show you can actually memorize the song. I did sang along one verse and the guy sitting next to me started laughing, i thought he was laughing at the movie..i guess he was actually laughing at me la :(

PS I love You, let us go watch together ermm..minus hadrian, haha! Or you go with Hadrian, don't want to be spotlight la.

Anonymous said...

Akakakakakaka..you sang in the cinema? wahahahahahahaha..ahahahahahaha :D *ahem ahem..sorry..din mean to laugh so much..hmmm..wahahahahahahahaha..*cough cough..

Ok ok..there's nothing wrong with u la.u r just very farneee..kekekeke.. P.S. I Love You ar..can can we go watch. But dunno minus Hadrian or not la. anyways...ask Nicole to tag along so won't be my spotlight ma. eh eh...anyways in cinema cannot on spotlight one le. hehehehe :P